Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Sticker Shock

You can file today's observation from The Yogi under "Rants". One of my pet peeves is the UL sticker that seems to pop up in the most conspicuous places. I know it sounds like a small thing, but I think these photos make my case.


At first glance, it appears that someone forgot to remove the price tags.


Are those what I think they are?


UL strikes again!

Here some simple backlit signage is destroyed by the ubiquitous sticker. I understand the regulatory needs that must be fulfilled, but do we always have to sacrifice aesthetics to be compliant? Could they not have been placed elsewhere — like the top of the letter, unseen to anyone except the inspector who is looking for them (or better yet, on the inside where the light source is housed)? I'm just saying.

If you hear about a crazy person being arrested at the Atlanta Botanical Garden with a bottle of GooGone, you'll know who the perp is.

2 comments:

  1. Well...aren't you just persnickety!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaackkkk! That is awful! Hahaha... I know now that you have pointed it out I am going to start seeing this UL label everywhere!

    ReplyDelete